CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

old door off of an armoire


My husband and I had gone to an auction in the early part of our marriage and found this fabulous armoire. I remember how my heart pounded waiting to see if we got it or not. We were the lucky bidders. We used it for several years as an entertainment center. But with a few of our moves, the armoire began to fall apart. I told my husband I wanted all the doors and wood off of it. I have made 3 other doors for PTA, friends, and my sister. However, I was able to keep one for myself. My plans are to hang pictures of my children underneath it. Maybe one day I will get to do that. Until then, it will continue to hang as a piece of artwork.

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

4 comments:

Kaysi said...

That is cute!! I really like that you reused the door, what a great idea. Thanks for linking up!

littlethings1 said...

Looks wonderful ! Love using old pieces of wood or furniture and repurpose into something different ! You did a great job !

Sandy said...

I too like your sign on the door... really nice idea.. liknking up from Tatertots and Jello.... nice to meet you!
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

This is a great use for a door, and I just love the Blessings part, too. :) I think I'm going to be looking around for some used furniture this summer at yard sales. Thanks for the inspiration.

Blessings!
-Sarah

Post a Comment