CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

One More Week.....


One More Week of school left. I'm so ready for a break, and I'm sure the kids are as well. Now, I need to have a plan for this summer for my own kids. Because a couple of weeks into summer, they are going to be bored and wanting something to do.

One thing we have planned is to spend some quality time in the gym practicing free throws. My son is playing AAU basketball, and his free throws are a little lacking in form...

We will have to spend sometime at the library every week.

With it getting warmer, we will have to find a swimming hole.

If you have any other great ideas, drop me a note and little me know. I want to keep them busy and happy. Happy kids = Happy mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

I am so ready too!~ I posted my award on my task bar...thank you so much...I am a little slow going, but sooner or later I get to these things....yours is the last one I am posting:)

Suzanne said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. (Thrill, fill, spill is a great way to remember how to fill a container garden!)

CHERI said...

I'm in the same boat as I will be keeping my grandkids, 7 & 4 two days each week this summer and they get bored VERY easily. I do plan to do some science activities with them as well as some other educational things....I'm a retired teacher! I thought about having special days like SHARK DAY, NATURE DAY, ART DAY, etc. and have activities based around the theme. The 7-year old likes schedules so I thought some days I would schedule various things for the day, like reading, story time, outside play, TV and/or computer, etc. Sure hope I can think of other ideas! Please feel free to visit my blog and give me some ideas, too!
www.cherischatter.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I love this idea of finding a gym so my Grands can practice basketball! I'm going to check this out. I'm off to read your SC now! How fun!

Post a Comment